Rewriting a Text in a Foreign Language - How to Avoid Plagiarism
Suppose you wrote your diploma on your own, but after checking it for plagiarism, you were horrified - the uniqueness of the text is insufficient so that you would not be ashamed to bring your work to the department. Is it possible to solve the situation? How to increase the uniqueness of the text itself? why do different verification services give such a different result? Read professional advice here.
- First, it is necessary to understand what is the uniqueness of the text. In short, uniqueness is a measure of the quality of any text, including scientific. Uniqueness determines the number of borrowed phrases in the text, separating the original text from plagiarism, and in advanced services, even defining individual blocks of correctly designed quotes, but about everything in a row. If you write a short text on the topic of how you spent the summer, its uniqueness should be around 100%, but if it is a serious scientific work, and even more so if it has a theoretical part, it becomes a little more complicated. Plagiarism testing services can recognize your own thoughts, especially if they are well-worded and express finished thoughts like plagiarism, but why - read on.
- Second, it should be understood that the percentage of plagiarism may vary from service to service. This happens through different algorithms. However, there is a dark side to the force - paid verification services used in advanced free economic zones, as well as individual teacher enthusiasts who are willing to pay someone to write an essay for you. We recommend that you try to test your work from the very beginning with such services that show the lowest percentage of uniqueness of your text under equal initial conditions among other services.
If you write your own work, then our following tips will be almost useless to you, but if the anti-plagiarism service still showed you a red light, then read how to increase the uniqueness of the text itself.
There are many working and not very ways to increase the uniqueness of the text itself. First, we will dispel some mythological methods that all students have probably heard about, but no one dared to use, and not in vain.
- And the first in line - the most famous of them - the replacement of characters. Everyone understands that Latin and Cyrillic have a number of similar letters of the alphabet (o, p, i, e, c, x and many others). At the dawn of the Internet, when plagiarism testing services were not adapted to such manipulations, it was possible to use such a method to increase the uniqueness of the text. However, now that each such validation service has a separate function to distinguish the so-called character substitution, its use is not possible, much less appropriate.
- The second questionable way to increase the uniqueness of the text is its synonymy. We mean not only mechanical synonymization as a means of raising the uniqueness of the text, but also manual selection of synonyms. Not only can this method harm the content of your work, but it is unlikely to produce the desired result. Modern plagiarism testing systems clearly distinguish the change of words into synonyms, considering it if not plagiarism, then spam or "water".
- The third, even darker way to enhance uniqueness is invisible symbols with high uniqueness. The inclusion of invisible, read - white symbols in the text of a scientific work can instantly increase its uniqueness, but it will definitely be detected at the stage of verification of the work by the supervisor.
- The fourth and most profitable way for fraudsters - special programs to increase the uniqueness of the texts. Such programs are usually paid and not very cheap. In general, they all use one of the useless methods we described earlier. Not surprisingly, as a result, the uniqueness of the text will be enhanced only when checked by the weakest profile services.
- And closes our chart of dubious ways a simple permutation of words and phrases, or even blocks of text in places. Ironically, we still come across the results of such attempts by unscrupulous companies, after which our clients come to us to correct such attempts by unqualified authors.
This is probably very interesting for you, but you want to know what are the effective ways to increase the uniqueness of your text.
The first and most obvious is a rewrite. Rewriting not just words, but changing the form of each sentence, putting the meaning into a completely different form, you can achieve some success, sometimes making a text with zero uniqueness, which is not ashamed to then take to the department or teach on the Internet. Of course, the biggest disadvantage of this method is the time spent on its implementation. It will take you 10-15 minutes to rewrite the text on the page, what to say if you have a thesis of 100 pages. However, this option to increase the uniqueness of the text is the most effective - it should be used, of course, if you have enough time and you know how to do it.
The second method is often more effective than the first, but requires special knowledge - foreign languages. Translating a text from another language and using it in your research is a reliable way to get the high uniqueness of its text, as none of the plagiarism text verification services we know has multilingual technology and does not transitively recognize plagiarism. There are only two caveats: do not translate texts using mechanized translation tools, so you will spend more time on re-reading and correcting than you would spend on rewriting a non-unique text in your native language.
On this really effective way of how to increase the uniqueness of the text itself are exhausted. All others, as practice shows, do not guarantee that they will not be targeted by uniqueness testing services or researchers.