5 Tips to Help You Get Through Airport Security Faster
With the rising level of security threats, the wait in line to get to our gates is getting longer and longer. And with each new threat there is typically a new security measure, which is only making the line longer. It’s not the TSA’s fault – they should actually be commended for doing an outstanding job – but as travelers, we should be doing our best too. There are certain measures that should be taken by travelers to not only make their own wait in line shorter, but also the wait of others, which in the long run will cut down the time for everyone else. Here are 5 tips to help you get through airport security faster.
- One of the best ways to breeze through airport security is to follow close attention to the fastest line. It doesn’t necessarily have to be the shortest line, but you want to make sure to head towards the one that is actually moving. Also, observe other traveler’s bags and the extent of what they need to remove to get through security. If you see people with a lot of jewelry or accessories chances are that you will be waiting behind them for a long time while they take off and organize their jewelry into bins.
- Next, make sure that you aren’t wearing a lot of accessories before you go into the airport. One of the best ways to cut down the time on going through airport security is to cut down the amount of things you have to take off and how. If you have heavy boots with lots of laces, you will probably spending longer than you have to in a security line. Make sure to wear shoes you can easily slip on and off.
- Also, make sure that you don’t have anything that will look too questionable under an x-ray machine. One of the best ways spend longer than you have to, and possibly risk missing a flight, is by keeping something with lots of mechanical parts or wires in your bags; this includes laptops too. Make sure to take them out and put them in separate containers or bins so that the security agents can see what they are right away instead of searching through your bags.
- And while you are looking for AUS airport parking or LAX aiport parking, you should always spend the time before you get out of the car making sure you don’t have any liquids or gels over 3 ounces. TSA will confiscate of throw away any kind of liquid, even if it is edible, before you pass through security.
- Lastly, always help out your fellow travelers. One of the best ways to get through airport security faster and easier is by offering people a hand. This will create of culture of people helping other people. Hopefully, down the line, people will start to follow your lead. You can start by offering people space on the conveyer belt or even by grabbing someone a bin if they need it.