5 Fun Family Attractions in Louisiana
When planning for your next family adventure, consider visiting Louisiana. Louisiana offers a diverse array of activities for your entire family including kid friendly options. Here are 5 fun family attractions in Louisiana.
- First, let your kids get in touch with nature and their wild sides by taking a trip to the Audubon Zoo. As one of the best zoos in the entire country, your family will be stunned and thrilled to see animals such as sea lions, elephants, Louisiana swamp white Alligators, komodo dragons, and even a double headed snake! There is also a breathtaking aquarium exhibit in the Aubudon. Even in the summer time, you can enjoy some cool weather in the Cool Zoo for a day full of fun, discovery, and adventure.
- Spend a day in the French Quarter of New Orleans. There are wonderful places to grab a bite to each such as the Cafe du Monde. You can walk along the historic streets or even take a carriage or riverboat tour of the area for a unique, one of a kind experience your family will never forget. There is lots of music to listen to in New Orleans, so listen to some fantastic street music or even take you family to a show at the Jazz National Park.
- Venture to Vermilionville’s Living History museum were you and your family can experience what it was like for Acadian, Native American, and Creole to live from the 1700′s into the late 1800′s. The park boats a sprawling 23 acres where there is an artisan village, reproduction homes and buildings, live music from the Cajun and Creole cultures, as well as culture-specific cuisine. This is a great educational experience for your kids and the adults in your family as well.
- The Louisiana Children’s Museum is another spot where you family can immerse themselves in education, knowledge and culture. This museum is located in a 30,000 square foot facility. Here, children can learn, discover and play with interactive exhibits they will love. The museum is known for its climbing wall, art studio, simple machines, and a play cafe!
- Finally, check out Sci-Port. This is Louisiana’s Science Center where kids can explore math and science in an inspiring and fun environment. View an Imax film in the Dome Theater, take a virtual space excursion at the Planetarium and enjoy over 290 different exhibits for a full day of fun and learning.
All of these family attractions will be sure to thrill your entire family. Everyone will be able to relax, play, and learn at a variety of different locations. There are opportunities to get in touch with nature, learn about space and math, immerse yourselves in culture, and explore the city and its music! No matter what you family enjoys doing, you will find something for everyone when you travel to Louisiana for a vacation. This will allow you to get the entire family together for a fun filled and entertainment packed trip through Louisiana tourism that they’ll never forget!